2014 Annual Mini-Conference
April 11 & 12, 2014
Red Rocks Community College
more details coming soon...
Annual Mini-Conference Call for Presenters
Deadline for submission: March 21, 2014
Download Request for Proposals (Word Doc)
The Literacy Coalition of Colorado invites you to submit a workshop / presentation proposal for the Annual Mini-Conference hosted by Red Rocks Community College. The Mini-Conference will be held April 11 - 12, 2014. Sessions will run all day Friday, April 11 and half-day on Saturday, April 12. Sessions will last between 60 and 75 minutes. Every classroom has a laptop, Wi-Fi, and is equipped with a projector.
The Mini-Conference aims to provide professional development opportunities for both new and seasoned instructors, tutors, and volunteers of English as a Second Language (ESL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), Family Literacy, and GED preparation.
Perks for Presenters:
- Attend both days of the Mini Conference free of charge
- Lunch is provided on Friday
- Earn 10 Professional Development points from CDE
- Receive $25 for expenses
The following topics have been identified for this year’s Mini-Conference, although other topics will also be considered:
ESL / ABE / Family Literacy:
- Mentoring / coaching for new teachers / volunteer tutors
- Tips for teaching critical thinking, reasoning, and questioning
- Tips for teaching the conventions of English writing
- Strategies and activities that enable student persistence and motivation
- Student goal-setting and progress monitoring
- Transitioning to postsecondary education
- Methods to address and alleviate math anxiety
- Applying mathematical problem-solving skills in workforce
(and home) contexts
Please download Request for Proposals and return it to Ruth Wengrovius, Red Rocks Community College – Ruth.Wengrovius@rrcc.edu.
Thank you for sharing your experience and skills with your colleagues!